PDA

View Full Version : M1C Mount Thumb Screw Adjustment Question

Wade
06-04-2012, 12:31
Hi,
I have an original M1c Rifle and I just acquired an original scope mount for it. It fits great. My only problem is that the rear thumb screw lever over rotates before it gets tight by about 1/4 turn more than the front lever. Can it be adjusted to tighten in about the same position as the front lever? The front one points to the rear at 3 o'clock position when it is tight, and the rear lever over rotates to the 6 o'clock position before it is tight. Thanks for any help.

Twinson
06-04-2012, 03:35
Yes and no. The levers apply sidways pressure on the mount while the round part of the lever shaft engage the round cutout on top of the mount. You could adjust but it would require removing metal from somewhere......I'd just leave it alone if it was mine. Jim

k arga
06-04-2012, 06:03
i would put a shim under the lever. Screw it all the way out , put a shim on it screw back in , keep shimming till the lever locks where you want it. I don't think it will be more than a couple thou.

Wade
06-04-2012, 07:48
Thanks for the tip. I tried a sheet of paper to get a close thickness, and I think a .005 washer would be good.

Johnny in Texas
06-05-2012, 10:31
Griffin & Howe sells the shims I bought some several years ago.