PDA

View Full Version : Rifles at Vintage Match, Camp Perry

Entry Level
08-04-2012, 10:04
I see the results are posted but not the rifles used. Does anyone know how to find this out? thanks

rickgman
08-07-2012, 06:14
Since that data was not collected, a summary of the data will not be possible.

CJCulpeper
08-16-2012, 08:24
I think you are looking for this, Entry Level.

http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/report_matchResult.cgi?matchID=7982 All list.
http://clubs.odcmp.com/cgi-bin/report_eventAward.cgi?matchID=7982&eventID=14&awardID=1 Vintage match list.

34 British Enfield
4 Finnish Moisin-Nagant
11 German Mauser
2 Japanese Arisaka
16 Other Mauser
26 Other Rifle
11 Russian Moisin-Nagant
73 Swedish Mauser
104 Swiss Straight Pull
24 U.S. Krag
116 U.S. M1917

Culpeper

OFC, Afghanistan Chapter

Jim in Salt Lake
08-16-2012, 09:02
If you're talking about the Vintage Sniper Sniper match, they didn't collect the info regarding rifle/scope used by competitors. I wish they had, I would like to see what was working, what the top teams used....

CJCulpeper
08-16-2012, 09:18
(Slapping forehead) Dang. This is the sniper forum. I totally missed that bit of info.

Culpeper

Jim in Salt Lake
08-16-2012, 02:38
No biggie CJ, it was cool to see the rifles used in the Vintage Military match, I wish they had collected the same info from the Sniper match. It's kind of like watching a NASCAR race and they tell you the winning driver but not the car.

RichardN
08-17-2012, 03:25
The winners Doug & Don were using an 03A1. Doug shot clean. Don said, Doug called good wind the points lost was his fault. Many of the rifles used, can win this match. Both of these guys are good shooters. I know Doug and whatever he brings to the table, you can bet hes gleened every bit accuracy that can be attained out of his gear. I think he was using 190 SMK's @ 6.

cache
08-17-2012, 04:38
I was curious to see what rifles were used so I reviewed the photos of the event. It seemed like most of the competitors were shooting some version of the '03.

Jim in Salt Lake
08-17-2012, 09:01
The winners Doug & Don were using an 03A1. Doug shot clean. Don said, Doug called good wind the points lost was his fault. Many of the rifles used, can win this match. Both of these guys are good shooters. I know Doug and whatever he brings to the table, you can bet hes gleened every bit accuracy that can be attained out of his gear. I think he was using 190 SMK's @ 6.

Thanks for that, I was keeping my eyes open while our team was shooting and noticed quite a few different rifles and scopes. But, it seemed to me, that 1903s were in the majority in some form or other. Did also see a Swiss K31 and a K98 Mauser, I'm not real familiar with the scopes they had. I had an idea that a good combo would be a Swedish Mauser with a Weaver K4 but didn't see that on the line. Thought that would be a good option for my son (120 lbs dripping wet on a scale that weighs heavy). He and our other junior shot a 1903. I have those 190gr Matchkings but didn't use them in deference to Evan's shoulder! They shot the 168s at both distances.

snell
09-03-2012, 07:19
Sorry I came to this thread late.
I saw a number of 03s either original or clones of the A4 and USMC 1941. There were also a number of Mosin 91/30s as well.
As to the Swede, Doug shot an original Swede sniper last year and, while I'm nor sure, I think he either placed first or second. When I asked him how he managed to establish a decent spot weld with the scope mounted so high he responded that he placed his face on the stock, rolled it over and shot with his left eye! For a right handed shooter that was quite an accomplishment. He is a superb shooter.

Art

Griff Murphey
09-05-2012, 07:08
There was an article written in our local rifle and pistol club newsletter about the Camp Perry sniper match, stating it was very disorganized and the range officers did not know what they were doing.

Jim in Salt Lake
09-06-2012, 09:23
I would agree with that. The course of fire is quite a bit different than everything else and I think the confusion will ease as the range officers get more experience with it. And it needs to happen, I think the match is only going to get more popular. That was a loooooonnnnnngggg day! We shot the Hearst Doubles in the morning and Sniper in the afternoon. Hearst Doubles squadded at 5:45am and I think we were done with Vintage Sniper around 6pm. They can easily shave some time with a little more efficiency.