PDA

View Full Version : Unertl experts, need your help to bust an EBay scumbag

Former0302
11-12-2012, 01:25
I bought an 8x scope on eBay based on the description that it was "the civilian version of the scope found on the USMC M1903-A1/Unertl from World War 2. Incredibily difficult to come by don't miss your chance to own this one!"

should have known better, but it is the 8x 1 inch target scope with a 2'' objective lens. Definitely not the civilian version of the USMC scope and not legal for CMP matches.

Caveat Emptor, should have done my research before plunking down the cash, but I think I have a case to get my money back as the description was intentionally misleading. I tried contacting the seller in case he didn't know and listed it incorrectly and was essentially told to go pack sand.

I opened up a case with eBay in order to teach this guy a lesson and hopefully get my money back. They require an independent 3rd source to verify that the item is not the civilian version of the USMC scope.

If you would be willing to help me, please PM me and I'll send you photos of the scope and more details as to exactly what I need to beat this guy.

Thanks in advance.

Johnny in Texas
11-12-2012, 02:40
Sure I own an original and can verify the correct specs. I saw that scope how much was it and how did you pay? With exception to the power this is the civilian equivalent to the USMC sniper scope. As far as size and shape.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unertl-1-1-4-Target-Varmint-Scope-14X-AO-Unertl-Dot-Reticle-/290806495279?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b56af82f

Former0302
11-16-2012, 11:58
Thanks for those that responded / helped. Case resolved in my favor.