PDA

View Full Version : Ability to (temporarily) add a bi pod to a 1903a4

pelago
04-01-2013, 09:50
With only one rule in mind, no modification to stock of any kind, no modification to barrel of any kind.
possible modification to stacking swivel, that seems logical place to fabricate some kind of device to add a bi pod
comments?

joem
04-02-2013, 05:34
You might try one of the spring loaded bi pods that fit on the barrel like the M16 ones did .

Johnny in Texas
04-02-2013, 08:00
A Bipod will not enhance accuracy unless your just a really bad shot IMHO

emmagee1917
04-02-2013, 11:26
A shooting stick with a pad to protect the stock would be more usefull and versatile , IMHO .
Chris

BigMo
04-03-2013, 10:20
What joem said or one the "F" class deals that "clamp" onto the front end of a rifle...........

pelago
04-03-2013, 05:08
what does anyone think of taking stacking swivel off, and replacing it with a custom stud, one that will accept a bipod such as harris. this way it is not permanent and can be restored quickly. sounds like it could be done by hand piece of flat steel and files???

Twinson
04-03-2013, 05:30
sand bags work...You can pick them up for free. People just leave them on the side of the road everywhere. For some reason, that always mark them with blinking orange light........

emmagee1917
04-04-2013, 12:54
Yes , that would be better than some clothespin on the bbl throwing your shots off . My only concern is ....Is'nt the screw end peined out to prevent removal ? Trying to take it out strips it or the band , yes ????
Chris

pelago
04-04-2013, 01:05
Yes , that would be better than some clothespin on the bbl throwing your shots off . My only concern is ....Is'nt the screw end peined out to prevent removal ? Trying to take it out strips it or the band , yes ????
Chris

these were stamped and i have several of them, the swivel itself can be pulled and a stud fabricated, many many parts out there available

Entry Level
04-04-2013, 04:27
I am wondering why you want a bipod on an 03a4? If you want to shoot F class use a rest or sand bags. If you have an original rifle any mods aren't a good idea. Have you tried a sling? You get a larger scoring center compared to a rest. In the field sticks are a useful tool. my 2 cents.

MJ1
04-05-2013, 09:56
WHY? A bipod is only good to keep your rifle out of the mud while you dig in. Certinly not to put on the barrel to shoot, never on the barrel please. Bag it or use your ruck.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/d239848f.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/montereyjack/243c48c2.jpg

Former0302
10-09-2013, 06:50
Make yourself a field expedient tripod out of three tent stakes and a blousing band. Works better than a bipod or a ruck, and is adjustable.

Richard H Brown Jr
10-11-2013, 06:37
Buy one of those cheap repro bayonets from Atlanta cultery, and use the upper bits ( the slot and ring that fits around the barrel end, milled out to fit onto any sort of bipod you want as an adapter?

RHB

pelago
10-12-2013, 03:50
I have a busted up right hand, severed the flexor tendons in all fingers and in palm, trigger pull tends to make me pull rifle to right, and then i think about it, i try to over compensate, and it drifts right and left, now I have been shooting the "CMP" matches with the sling instead of the bags and have done better shooting well in competition, have not shot a clean in comp, but close to it, I was thinking of practice and shooting and developing loads with the rifle, couple of hours in a sling and i no longer have a left arm

da gimp
10-17-2013, 09:53
pelago, you need to see a plastic & reconstructive surgeon, who specializes in hand repair.............one repaired my damaged left index finger, I have full function & nerves with it now............burned for the 1st year or so after the repair, not so much now, 20yrs later.