PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Lux Rear Adjustments?

DMark
04-06-2013, 08:27
Getting ready to depart for the range to sight-in my Hi-Lux USMC Scope (#453) when I came across this comment in the instruction manual.....,

"Before adjustment can be made with either turret, the LOCK SCREW must be loosened."

OK, so I did that to boresight the scope at the workbench.

My questions are;

- Do You Tighten it Up after sighting it in?
- If you do, how do you make adjustments later while firing?

:icon_scratch:

http://i46.tinypic.com/11l1tt0.png

Thanks,
Mark

Sako
04-06-2013, 08:40
This might be the reason I had trouble sighting mine in. Sunday March 7th I will be shooting in a match with Mike Sexton from Iron Sight Inc. and I will ask him.
http://www.ironsightinc.com/ Iron sight Inc. is the warranty station for Hi-Lux in the USA.

DMark
04-06-2013, 09:53
Sako,

Thanks, standing by.......

Mark

Jim in Salt Lake
04-08-2013, 08:14
I left mine barely tightened and can still make adjustments as I shoot. I just tightened it enough so it won't come off, barely snug. I shoot mine in our Midrange matches, as well as CMP Vintage Sniper so I want to be able to roll in the elevation changes when you go to another firing line and windage adjustments, too. I've never given the lock screw another thought.

DMark
04-08-2013, 02:54
Jim,

Barely snug was what I figured needed to be done. Didn't get to the range this weekend, but will tomorrow.

BTW - - - Did you Zero-Out the turrets after you got the zero you wanted?

Thanks,
Mark

Jim in Salt Lake
04-09-2013, 09:37
Hey Mark,

I set my mechanical zero at 100 yards. My elevation is about 5 clicks off the bottom, so I marked the knob with fingernail polish. For windage, I marked the scale and knob with polish, too. I haven't messed with moving the scales on the knobs and don't think I will. I had trouble initially with things coming loose but I think I'm past that now. Using the nail polish lets you easily remove markings if you need to. I guess I could reset the knob scales but I'm used to the polish.

Jim

DMark
05-14-2013, 09:08
Jim,

PM sent.

Mark