PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Scope Alert

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
05-11-2013, 10:21
There will be a Winchester A5 scope and its matching case for sale on eBay very soon. It was issued to Marine Pvt. William Wallace Ipson while he was at GITMO. Ipson attended the 1st sniper school class at OSD in May of 1918. What makes this scope unusual is that Ipson died in France in September of 1918, making him the ONLY known sniper graduate of OSD that made it to France in time to get into combat. This scope is one of the Winchester modified scopes made especially for the Marine Corps snipers in WWI.

I do not own this scope nor have any financial interest in it, but it is the real deal and I can verify everything I have stated. If you have been shopping for one of these scope sets, this is a good one to watch. Good luck.

jt:1948:

jgaynor
05-11-2013, 09:08
Thanks Jim. i am not looking for one of these myself (no rifle). But your endorsement means a lot. Will check out the auction
Regards,

Jim

Tony-in-NH
05-12-2013, 04:44
When it comes up the bidding war will start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JWM
05-18-2013, 03:30
There will be a Winchester A5 scope and its matching case for sale on eBay very soon. It was issued to Marine Pvt. William Wallace Ipson while he was at GITMO. Ipson attended the 1st sniper school class at OSD in May of 1918. What makes this scope unusual is that Ipson died in France in September of 1918, making him the ONLY known sniper graduate of OSD that made it to France in time to get into combat. This scope is one of the Winchester modified scopes made especially for the Marine Corps snipers in WWI.

I do not own this scope nor have any financial interest in it, but it is the real deal and I can verify everything I have stated. If you have been shopping for one of these scope sets, this is a good one to watch. Good luck.

jt:1948:

:icon_scratch: :hello: Okay...I give up! How long is very soon?! :icon_salut:

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
05-19-2013, 04:39
This week, if I am not mistaken.

jt

JWM
05-19-2013, 06:43
Thanks, jt...it will be fun to watch!

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
06-03-2013, 04:38
The scope and case were finally posted this weekend. That is a low starting price for this set, which has a value several times this price. Can someone loan me a few quid? Good luck to all, as I can't afford the toys I like most.

jt

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Winchester-A5-Sniper-Scope-and-Case-Authentic-WWI-Marine-Corps-/111087888100?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19dd5aa6e4

JWM
06-04-2013, 03:24
This week, if I am not mistaken.

jt

I got it started with the first bid. Hopefully it will take off and draw the attention and $$$ that it should bring, but for some reason Marine Corps A5 Sniper Scopes from the WWI era are not even bringing half the money that they were on ebay back around ten or so years ago when they were selling for up to $3000+. However, this one does seem legit in every way, so I'm hoping it gets the attention that it deserves and goes to a good home. What kind of provenance do "you" have to connect this with Ipson and richardson, jt, aside from what the seller has reported in his description?

James

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
06-05-2013, 03:45
I got it started with the first bid. Hopefully it will take off and draw the attention and $$$ that it should bring, but for some reason Marine Corps A5 Sniper Scopes from the WWI era are not even bringing half the money that they were on ebay back around ten or so years ago when they were selling for up to $3000+. However, this one does seem legit in every way, so I'm hoping it gets the attention that it deserves and goes to a good home. What kind of provenance do "you" have to connect this with Ipson and richardson, jt, aside from what the seller has reported in his description? James

Email me. I believe you may already have my email address. Or call me.

jt