PDA

View Full Version : A good day at the auction

1mark
07-25-2013, 07:28
Went to a local auction and picked up several firearms. But as it turns out two of the rifles, a Trapdoor and a M1922 M2 are both on the SRS list.
Now to get letters.

Both rifles are in very good condition. So, approximately how much more in value does the SRS letter increase if any the value of the rifle(s)? Or does the letter just make a great tool to show some providence of the firearm.

PeteDavis
07-28-2013, 07:37
Well it used to cost $100.00

Herschel
07-28-2013, 10:08
The cost of the sales letters is $65.00 to subscribers of the U. S. Martial Arms Collector. If you are not a subscriber the subscription will cost $35 per year. I consider the letter increases value to a collector more than the cost. It would be hard to say how much more as a serious collector will know he can get the letter.

I said the above with the idea that the M2 Rifle was on the sales list. If not, the letter will only show at what time it was received by or shipped to SA and to what organization it was shipped to or received from. Very few M2 Rifles are on the sales list.

Kurt
07-29-2013, 04:56
Herschel, you have email..

Kurt

Johnny P
07-30-2013, 06:08
Like Herschel, I believe the DCM Sales letters are always worth the $65. When the SRS information was posted to the internet you had a good idea what you would be getting in their letter, but I have no idea how much information you are now given to help you decide if you want to get a letter. The last SRS letter I ordered was $175, but it contained information on a US&S Model 1911A1 pistol being issued to a Navy Captain during WWII. Had the information only been that the pistol was noted in inventory or shipped to some obscure military base it would not have been worth the cost in my opinion.

1mark
08-04-2013, 07:58
I have sent several emails to SRS but no answers. Does anyone know of another email address? The one I have is editor@usmartialarmscollector.com.