PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian Mauser ?

leecork
08-08-2013, 09:34
I am looking at a Brazilian Mauser model 1908. It looks very nice, although rather expensive with a
$ 600.00 asking price. They tell me that it is not import marked. But my question is where should it have stamped numbers, and is this price out of line ?

Art
08-08-2013, 02:00
These were very nice "commercial grade" Mausers but condition is everything. All matching in excellent condition it's a good buy. A mixmaster not so much so. A "beater" even less. I am not a Mauser expert but I would expect at least to see matching numbers on the receiver, bolt, and probably floorplate. Real Mauser experts will chime in I'm sure.

I would definitely expect a bright and shiny bore for $600.00 in one of these rifles.

dave
08-08-2013, 03:00
Explain what you mrean by "very nice". Many of these were imported way back and they varied from 'junk' to 'as new'. The new conditions were sold with a new bayo (not matched).

leecork
08-09-2013, 07:21
I used the term very nice to describe this rifle. The metal finish appears to be in the 90% range. The bore is nice and bright with no rust or corrosion. The wood is in great condition with no cracks or deep gouges.

This may be one of the "new ones" previously stated, as it does come with a new looking bayonet. But again, I am questioning the proper location of serial number stamping. I am not interested in a mixmaster rifle with non matching serial numbers. Thanks, Lee Hoffman l

kcw
08-09-2013, 01:41
The serial # of the rifle is located on the left side of the receive ring , just above the wood line. The bolt, barrel, etc., should match on an "all matching" rifle.