PDA

View Full Version : Need to "borrow" some RIA pictures

Rick the Librarian
09-23-2013, 06:33
A friend and I are going to do a display on Rock Island M1903s for an upcoming gun show (Oct. Washington Arms Collectors show in Puyallup WA) and we need a few pictures of RIA variations we don't have. If any of you have (or could take) some good quality pictures that are high resolution that you could email to me, I would really appreciate it. I will print the pictures, so just need you to email the digital copies to me. All pictures used will be credited in the display to the "provider" and NO further use of them will be made without specific permission. You can contact me through PM on this forum or through email, rrsblsATmsn.com

Here's what we need:

1) "Tight" close-up pictures of any 1918 or 1919 RIA inspection stamps (They usually have the inspector's "block" initials and the date below)

2) Pictures of any leather gear (bayonet scabbards, cartridge boxes, other leather gear with the Rock Island stamp [one pic. of the gear and a close-up of the RIA stamp]

3) Any post-WWI RIA overhaul stamps, especially RIA/FK and RIA/EB as well as any variations.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide!

RtL

Emri
09-24-2013, 06:45
Here are all I have at this time. You may use any or all as you please for your display.

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showthread.php?1302-1918-Rock-Island-Rifle&highlight=1918+rock+island

HTH,

Emri

Rick the Librarian
09-24-2013, 06:50
Thanks, Emri -- do you have any of the "original"-sized pictures you took? I'd be especially interested in the stock marking and the NS-marked bolt.

Emri
09-24-2013, 05:13
Thanks, Emri -- do you have any of the "original"-sized pictures you took? I'd be especially interested in the stock marking and the NS-marked bolt.

I'll look and see if the originals are any bigger. Tried to email, got a failure notice. If the cottege address is no longer valid, please advise.

Emri

Rick the Librarian
09-25-2013, 05:23
PM sent, Emri. Thanks!

--Rick