PDA

View Full Version : Morrocan Mausers

Guamsst
12-05-2013, 11:54
Anyone here have a Morrocan Mauser? I shot one Tuesday, 16" barrel and converted to 30-06. Recoil is uhm.....generally unpleasant.

dave
12-05-2013, 02:50
I don't have one but am aware of them. They were made in the 50's I think, in .30-06, not converted. Made by FN, they made these for several countries, Vensuala, Dutch East Indies, Holland and others, some were pre-war. The Morrocan ones have no markings that would indicate who they were made for but someone has done some research, I guess. Most were 8m/m Mauser, but no matter the cal. they are all un-pleasent to fire. They were meant for police forces, for the most part.

jon_norstog
12-05-2013, 10:24
Moroccan Royal Giards carried really elaborate FN-made mausers with mother-of-pearl, ivory and silver inlays on the stock. Love to get my hands on one of those. I think they may have been '06 caliber.

jn

Guamsst
12-09-2013, 11:19
I noticed the next day I had red lines on my shoulder that matched the spacing on the buttplate.....LOL Not sure why, but I want this one now. Maybe just because they are odd and rare. Or, maybe to keep around for those guys who brag about how bad the recoil is on their .308 with the big sponge buttpad.

dave
12-09-2013, 01:50
those things are light in weight and the muzzle blast sure adds to the sensation!

Guamsst
12-10-2013, 12:51
those things are light in weight and the muzzle blast sure adds to the sensation!

These are one of those that are almost worse to be next to than be behind....LOL My CETME with hot ammo was worse but not by much.