PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes even dealers make mistakes

GregU
12-14-2013, 03:32
I posted in the Garand section how I screwed up and missed out on an M1 Garand sniper. Well, a lot of people missed out on an A4 today at a gunshow! A buddy and I usually make a day out of going to this small show every year. Unfortuneately, today we got a late start. The old boy that got me interested in military rifles showed me the 03A4 he picked up about an hour earlier. Split lettered A4, nice scant stock, Redfield mount with staked screws, no scope. The dealer said "someone started to sporterize it, so it's not worth much. How about $400?" He really didn't deny it when I called him a thief, LOL! This will be a good addition to his collection. It sounds like he might make me a deal on his A4 clone that he's had for a while. But, I really wish I'd have been there like usual when the doors opened. More than likely I wouldn't have had a chance anyway but at least I'm getting a little closer towards scoring. Greg

4F4Nam
12-17-2013, 10:27
Don't you just hate it when someone messes up a fine old military rifle and ruins the value? Heh,heh.

Ed