PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Early Rifle

PeteDavis
12-23-2013, 05:54
SA Serial 183K, barrel SA 10-06, ELH unboxed cartouche, script P, high wood, no groove/no clip guard. Immaculate case finish, rust colored blue on rear sight base, small grooved knobs, appeared all original. I cannot figure the single rear stock bolt unless the stock was replaced early on. Small s on tip of stock but no rod bayo plug fill. The wood was nearly ding-free, nice finish. No pics unfortunately. Offered at $800 but I had no funds. I may get it later if you all convince me.

PD

Rick the Librarian
12-23-2013, 06:48
Even with the possible question on the stock, I would have probably set my pants on fire in the rush to get my wallet out for a chance to buy a rifle like that for $800!! :D

jonnyo55
12-23-2013, 02:13
Stock bolts were at times added at the depot level; it seemed to be a pretty high-priority item as it kept stocks from cracking. I once had a very hard used early '03 that had had both stock bolts added, and none too neatly...it was the only non-original item on the rifle. Like Rick says, I'd do whatever I had to to obtain that rifle...pawn the family silver, sell blood, whatever. :) It's a hard to find item at any price!

Fred
12-23-2013, 02:19
Amen to that brother! Get that rifle. Why do you not have it yet?

Rick the Librarian
12-23-2013, 05:08
If you don't want it, you can get my email address!! :)

PeteDavis
12-23-2013, 06:10
I am in touch with him. I told him what he had when I saw it. He said that I had re-affirmed his faith in people. Anyhoo, he is in midst of purchasing a property that I am familiar with. He will need help with his home design and so forth, and said that I can work the rifle off when the time comes. So unless he asks me in the meantime, I am not going to broker the rifle. It really is something-it's just that I do not have a grand to drop whenever I want something. To look at last weekends show, I'd say I have many kinsmen!

PD

Rick the Librarian
12-23-2013, 06:45
Actually, I don't, either ... went on another "rabbit trail" and an Irish SMLE will soon be on it's way to me.