PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Milspec M1911 A1 good or bad

Jon Field
12-28-2013, 05:19
Bought one today in Stainless Steel, marked way down on sale. Seems like a well built and tight action pistol, did not get the RO model because of sights and price!

Thoughts or experience with the gun welcomed!

Thanks

tk378
12-29-2013, 05:39
Jon, I have had good experience with the Springfield 1911's. My Milspec is blue and I also have the RO model. My guess is you are going to be happy. You may have to get a trigger job if you shoot it a lot but that is with most any 1911. Tad

SMOKEY
12-29-2013, 06:49
I have carried a Springfield Govt model since the late 80's. Parkerized finish. Loves ball ammo, will shoot most hollow points with an occasional jam. Not throated or ramped Changed sights long ago. Accurate enough to stop a problem before it becomes a problem. Very concealable with an in the pants holster like Crossbreed.

Jon Field
12-29-2013, 07:14
Thanks for the replies. I kinda of wished I had gotten the RO, and changed the rear sight, a wife suggestion of all things! However, they are pretty much the same gun with about $140 difference in price. Trigger, mainspring housing, hammer and sights about the only difference. My son has had the opportunity to fire both and scored the same with both, so I guess it boils down to features and looks. You can't have enough .45s!