PDA

View Full Version : Mauser Spring

tmark
01-14-2014, 08:30
Forum members have recommended that I get a new K98 Mauser spring to replace the one in my rifle because my Yugo 8mm ammo is not being hit hard enough by the firing pin.

Wolff has springs of varying pound: 22, 24, 26, 30.

Some folks say they get good results from the 22 pound spring. Which poundage spring do you recommend?

Folks say my Yugo ammo primers are too hard and seated too deep for the standard Mauser spring to ignite.

randy langford
01-15-2014, 05:28
I have a K98 Mauser it fires yugo just fine I wonder if someone tried to shorten the spring to lighten the trigger pull.

kcw
01-15-2014, 05:58
I had the same problem back when those M38 Turk Mausers and the $4.00 per 70 round bandoleer of 8mm Turk ammo was available. Numerous "duds" with the old firing pin spring that came with the gun. I bought whatever Wolf spring is consider to be standard, forget which one, but it took care of the problem with the Turk ammo; including the 5 gallon bucket of "duds" that others left behind at the range. Never a misfire after that spring change with ANY surplus ammo, and I believe that I have a pretty good sampling of most everything that's been made available in the last 15 years.

tmark
01-15-2014, 06:52
Thanks, guys, for getting back to me on this. I think the standard spring just might be the 22 pounder.