PDA

View Full Version : Average Price Question

Emri
02-03-2014, 08:59
What would one expect to pay for an average, used, 1911 slide ?? Not collector items, just one to build a .45 top end. Average condition assumes re-finished, no major pitting, not ground up by polishing.

Thanks,

Emri

Scott Gahimer
02-03-2014, 09:09
About $150, IMO. I think for a shooter, a later production A1 slide would be better and possibly worth a little more, due to the hardened areas. A true hard slide even better yet.

Emri
02-03-2014, 12:05
Thanks Scott,

The customer put a limit on what he would spend and as a professional gunsmith I need a lot of new production parts to make sure everything " fits " as it should. A new production slide would in itself eat up his budget what with the cost, and having to cut sight dovetail sight slots, or if already cut, the added cost of the special sights, etc.

The frame is a commercial Colt from @ 1948 with really nice ( 95% ) finish with a genuine Colt .22 conversion unit on it. He just wants a shooter so I was trying to put together some stuff that I could guarantee would be OK.

Is there a chance you might be at the AGCA spring show in Birmingham ??

If you would, please send me a PM. I would like to correspond about a few things, personally.

Thanks,

Emri

P.S.- What do you think of this item offered for sale, as far as "good" or "bad" ?? It has sights on it and I have seen similar ones that were reported to be "military". Thanks again......

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=390614947

Duane Hansen
02-04-2014, 07:20
That would suit your needs perfectly....