PDA

View Full Version : Grade and Value Question

SysAd
02-18-2014, 12:25
Hi all!

I was just over at a friend's house going through his book looking for the value of my 1911. I found that we were both clueless about grade. My trusty 1911 is over 100 years old so it sure it's in new condition. I am wondering what you guys think of its grade. I am giving some consideration to offering it for sale, but don't know where the value is. Could use some help deciding whether to hold or sell.

Thanks!

Pat

John C
02-18-2014, 06:06
I'll take a crack at value with $1,000 tops. I base this value on the pistol not having it's original blued finish (looks to be parkerized), no original grips, and something looks funny about the front sight.......might just be the angle of the photos. Is the barrel original? Has it been parkerized as well? All of this plays into it's value but the biggest knock against it in my opinion would be the parkerized finish.

SysAd
02-18-2014, 06:48
Actually, I don't know. I don't know what "parkerized" means or how it looks compared to the original finish.

Scott Wilson
02-18-2014, 07:54
It is also mis matched. The slide is from an earlier gun.

SysAd
02-19-2014, 09:26
Appreciate the input! I had contemplated selling it, but since it's not collector quality, I will continue to use it as my home security system. It is well suited to the job!