PDA

View Full Version : Nazi Dagger value

Hecklerusp45
04-20-2014, 03:03
Anyone here know what the current value would be on this dagger?

cplnorton
04-20-2014, 06:15
I'm not a true expert on the Daggers, but it looks like it s a SA. The scabbard I don't think is supposed to be black, it's supposed to be a brownish red. I think the black scabbard was for the SS dagger. Now the scabbard could be repainted, or it could have been swapped.

If I'm right and that is a SS dagger scabbard and it's the original paint, it would be better to sell them seperate. The scabbard for a SS dagger would probably be worth more than a SA dagger itself.

Bob K
04-20-2014, 07:32
Black scabbard is correct. This dagger is for the NSKK (motor corp). I'm not up on the values so I couldn't tell you the current value. A lot of it depends on the maker. Your pics are too small to see the makers mark.

Hecklerusp45
04-25-2014, 05:56
Makers mark says Carl Wusthof. Does that help?

Johnny P
04-25-2014, 06:10
Average price from dealer normally runs between $400 and $700. Poor condition less, exceptional condition more.

Hecklerusp45
04-27-2014, 06:04
Can you say from the pictures that I posted what a dealer would call the condition of my dagger?

dave
04-28-2014, 09:27
It looks like an SA dagger to me. The small round emblum at top looks like SA but it is not very clear. Do a Google search for Nazi daggers, should find it there.

Johnny P
04-28-2014, 04:20
The NSKK was the motor division of the SA, and the daggers were identical with only the scabbard of the NSKK being black.

As to the dagger, it appears that the handle has some discoloration problems, and the scabbard is missing some of it's finish. Unless it is just the flash photos making it look that way, I think you would find it graded on the lower end of the scale.