PDA

View Full Version : Need help WWII 1911 part value

Solanine83
05-03-2014, 06:24
I am new to forums in general so forgive me if this is in the wrong place. I am trying to put a price on/sell a Remington Rand slide and a Colt small G barrel but I don't know the current value and I don't know the date of the slide.

I picked up a parts gun at a gun show a few years back. All the parts seem to be mix match GI parts but the 2 I am looking to sell are the slide and barrel. I want them to go to a good home since it was built on a new frame that I am building a new 1911 on. I have posted detailed pictures in a public album on my profile here so any help would be great.

Thanks

Bob K
05-03-2014, 08:50
I don't have an idea on the current pricing, but I'd be interested in the barrel depending on price.

Duane Hansen
05-04-2014, 03:09
A stripped, Type III RR slide with decent original finish would be in the $200 to $250 range and the Small "G" Colt A1 barrel, if original finish, would be in the $400 to $500 range and even more in some areas. The Small "G" Colt A1 barrels are getting very difficult to find especially with nice finish and bore. Both pieces look to be in nice condition but it is very hard to tell by the pictures if the finish is original. The prices that I spoke of would be valid only if the finishes are original.