PDA

View Full Version : Unhistory channel

Kragrifle
05-26-2014, 07:05
I am watching a program on the so called history channel showing the Punitive Expedition using an English Enfield, some one who decided not to shoot Hitler holding a trainer 1903 and an unshaven Patton looking at tanks (at least they are the correct tanks) (Patton shaved twice a day at West Point). Of course, Obama himself introduced the program, so what can you expect?

Kragrifle
05-26-2014, 07:20
Oops, even the tanks are incorrect!

Allen Humphrey
05-26-2014, 08:39
What about aliens? They must be in there somewhere because about 50% of their programming seems to be about wing-nuts chasing flying saucers.

Chaz
05-28-2014, 10:50
All I ever see listed on the former History Channel is Pawn Stars and other related programs. The history seems to have vanished.

Kragrifle
05-29-2014, 05:22
I will admit, though, that it was different to see right leaning commentators like McCrystal, Chaney, and others on the later episodes.

Rick the Librarian
05-29-2014, 05:46
All I ever see listed on the former History Channel is Pawn Stars and other related programs. The history seems to have vanished.

On some of my "awake" nights in the Philippines, I watched the History Channel and the only thing I remember was a program where businesses bid on the contents of storage units. Didn't see any "history", either. "History Channel", yeah, right!!

gpb
05-29-2014, 06:23
Is it true that The History Channel hired Chumlee from "Pawn Stars" as the technical advisor for "The World Wars" show?

gnoahhh
05-29-2014, 07:35
Not to mention most all the combatants from different countries seem to be carrying No.1 MkIII Enfields- Yanks, Germans, Italians, Russians, etc. Even the the protagonists on both sides in the 1920's street brawls in Munich. I spotted a British soldier carrying a Chauchat MG, and in a scene that showed Doughboys with '03's, some were using 03A3's. I bet they used re-ennactors with their own weapons for those roles, but the prop department probably only came up with .303 blanks so the Enfields got passed around a lot.

Sadly, while I applaud the effort to educate a witless generation about the horrors that shaped the 20th century, the presentation thereof was too theatrical and ignorant of the equipment used. Still in all better for a clueless hip urbanite to watch and learn from than yet another episode of Pawn Stars or Dancing With the Stars, or some other Hollywood "Star" venue I suppose.

joem
05-31-2014, 10:33
I've been watching series and the part about WWI wasn't too bad. The parts about WWII seem to be a collection of other specials shown on the history Channel at other dates. The WWII are not in a order of time line that you could folllow. The jumping back and forth in the time lines really ruined it for me. I thought it would be in a calendar order of the progression of WWII. Waste of time and money.

kar66
05-31-2014, 02:23
I know what you are talking about. Years ago I watched THC all the time. Now I almost never watch it. I don't think my interests have changed, just what they show. I don't have any interest in that fantasy crap. That is not history, just somebodies wet dream.