PDA

View Full Version : When Did Serifs Disappear From Remington 03A3 Safety Locks?

Ironlip
07-12-2014, 05:56
I've got a restoration project 03A3 which is period correct for it's 3729870 serial number and 4-43 barrel date except for the parkerized safety lock, sleeve and cocking piece. Those parts are not hard to replace, but the easiest ones to find have block letters on the safety lock.

My "time capsule" Remington '03 that still has the red paint on the stock from it's Lend Lease service has serifs on the words "Ready" and "Safe" on it's blued safety lock.

Does anyone have references on when those serifs disappeared from Remington produced 03A3's? I think I've seen safety locks that had serifs on one side and were block on the other.

And while we're on the subject, if anyone has a pristine, blued, sleeve or cocking piece they want to part with please send me a PM or an email.

Thanks,

Rick

John Beard
07-12-2014, 09:14
Does anyone have references on when those serifs disappeared from Remington produced 03A3's?

Yes.

I think I've seen safety locks that had serifs on one side and were block on the other.

Me too!

J.B. :hello:

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
07-13-2014, 06:50
You are so funny sometimes, JB. I needed a good chuckle. I hope you and yours are well and happy.

jt

John Beard
07-14-2014, 08:21
Ironlip and I exchanged messages. His inquiry has been answered.

J.B.

Ironlip
07-14-2014, 11:01
Yes it has John. As always, thank you for sharing the results of your detailed research.