PDA

View Full Version : Apology

Tommy2guns
09-02-2014, 10:32
To whomever has read the exchanges about and between Scott Gahimer and myself relating to his practices and the spiral out of control the thread took, I apologize for bringing it here.

This is not the place for it as several others have pointed out and I acknowledge that they are right. I don't think this is what was intended when the Culvers started this forum and I apologize to them and the memory of Dick Culver as I am sure he would be above this behavior and wouldn't approve.

When I started collecting firearms years ago it was completely different and a lot more enjoyable. Now it seems to have turned into a competition of sorts and of differing opinions of who can pile on the most trash and bash behavior.

There are no winners in this type of exchange and I will not participate in it any further.
Thank you

Scott Gahimer
09-02-2014, 11:47
How many times are you planning on bowing out, abandoning ship, exiting a thread, etc? And do you really think that ends it? You joined this forum just 42 posts ago, and have publicly made false accusations, called me a liar and a thief and have not provided even a shred of evidence to support your false claims. That, my fiend, is the definition of libel.

Regardless of who you turn out to be in reality, I just hope you have something I want, because when your true identity is determined and the courts get done with you, I will have it. There is no real security on the Internet for someone like you. Even the Proxy IP providers are required by law to turn over evidence in discovery. There is so much online information, don't think you won't be found.

Apologizing to anyone doesn't make it alright to make false accusations and/or defame someone's character. It doesn't make it go away, either. I know that, others know that, and very soon you will come to realize that your actions have serious consequences. It is already in the works and just a matter of time. So I hope you said enough to make it all worthwhile, because every false word is going to be very costly.

Just so there isn't any confusion on anyone's part, nothing said or implied by anyone about me being a liar, thief or performing any illegal or unethical practices, is true. For those of you who are sick and tired of this kind of trash happening, and you think an apology is satisfactory...well you're wrong. Read what's been said, put yourself on the receiving end of the libel and see if your opinion doesn't change.

Offering opinions about pistols is one thing, and others might disagree. Making false statements that defame someone's character is another. I tolerate a lot of crap from a lot of people by offering opinions, but I won't tolerate this.

Ken The Kanuck
09-02-2014, 05:45
Dam I missed this drama, oh well back to the soaps I go.

KTK

Herschel
09-02-2014, 07:10
Ken, It is not too late. The thread is just below and is entitled "Singer grip comparison". It is a little hard to follow who said what to whom but is really better than the soaps.

SloopJohnB
09-02-2014, 11:04
Makes me glad I don't have a Singer. I don't have to get involved!

dave
09-03-2014, 09:42
The thing here that really is shocking to me (I do not collect or follow 1911's) is the money they mention for these guns! 20,000, 200,00? Makes me wonder what my new in the box DCM Rem.-Rand, that I paid 17.50 for would be worth! Not that much I'm sure but a lot more then the 35 bucks I sold it for a few years later! Hindsight is so sharp!

Tommy2guns
09-03-2014, 11:03
Hey Dave I will buy as many $35 Remington Rands you can find!

raymeketa
09-03-2014, 11:43
The thing here that really is shocking to me (I do not collect or follow 1911's) is the money they mention for these guns! 20,000, 200,00? . . . !

Dave

I could not help but notice the same thing. These are guys who must be millionaires, arguing on an Internet forum. ???

Ray

mp40man
09-08-2014, 01:37
I just joined this forum a few days ago...just looking for info and nice folks not all the drama...seen it all before:1948: Regards. Rich

Johnny P
09-11-2014, 02:44
I just joined this forum a few days ago...just looking for info and nice folks not all the drama...seen it all before:1948: Regards. Rich

What info are you looking for? Lots of nice folks and info here.

Rick the Librarian
09-12-2014, 09:34
MP40, I can echo what Johnny said - 98% of the people on this forum and the others on Jouster are nice folks and many of them are world class experts. Don't let one or two threads that get out of control drive you away.

DRB
09-12-2014, 11:27
Dave

I could not help but notice the same thing. These are guys who must be millionaires, arguing on an Internet forum. ???

Ray

Gordon Bethune and I used to work for the same company. He went on to bigger and better things just google his name and you will see he should have some money. He also put 20 years in the military before getting a job that paid well, so I have nothing but respect for him.

snipershot1944
09-15-2014, 06:21
My wife watches a couple of soap operas on TV every day. She seems to enjoy the drama, the conflict, the plot twists, and the ability to see the good and bad sides of human character.

I just log on to the Jouster 1911/1911a1 forum every day to get the same entertainment value.

dave
09-15-2014, 09:41

Then ignore it!