PDA

View Full Version : Repro G43 stock

musketshooter
09-14-2014, 06:53
I recently acquired a new birch repro stock. Is there a demand for these? If I advertise it, how much could I expect to get?

dave
09-15-2014, 05:21
Birch? Laminated?
Probably not a lot of demand as the rifles are fainly scarce and usually have their stocks. But on the other hand, someone saw fit to make them.

musketshooter
09-15-2014, 07:39
After another look, I think the wood is European beech wood, not laminated. The inletting is so precise, It makes me think it was done on original stock machinery.

Griff Murphey
09-16-2014, 07:47
There used to be a good deal of talk about the need for these on the old Wehrmacht Rifle Community forum. Someone in Poland makes them for about $300. There are a lot of G-43's that have had Bubba's attention. That kind of includes mine.

I have one but I unfortunately glass bedded it when I was a college kid back in 1968. I asked CMP if I could get a waiver for vintage sniper competition since the bedding is 46 years old but no word on that. I will check the mail tomorrow.

I'd be interested in it myself but when I do the math about all the parts it needs I just want to throw my hands up.

dave
09-17-2014, 05:11
After another look, I think the wood is European beech wood, not laminated. The inletting is so precise, It makes me think it was done on original stock machinery.

The originals are not too 'precise'!