PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Army National Match Pistol Information

gfguns
09-23-2014, 07:00
I always go to www.coolgunsite.com for info on the Army National Match Pistols that were put together by Springfield Armory and Rock Island Armory during the 50's and 60's but that site is down. The information had the details regarding configuration of each year built and also how many were built and ultimately sold through the DCM. Do you know if this info is available online or in print elsewhere?
Also wondering why I no longer get email notifications of activity on threads I request it. This feature works for on other sites that offer it so I don't think it is on my end.

Johnny P
09-23-2014, 07:47
Bill Jenkins book U.S. Military Match and Marksmanship Automatic Pistols is the best book for the military NM pistols.

A 1960 National Match that escaped rebuild to later configuration. In addition to the fixed sights, still has the black plastic trigger.

http://i57.tinypic.com/13ydz4o.jpg

gfguns
09-23-2014, 10:26
I have that book and never thought to check it,my bad. Nice 1960 Johnny. Thanks! I was surprised Sam Lisker does not feature them, maybe we ought to send him some pictures of each year model with the info I referenced. I know a collector that has the rarest year with only 9 sold by the DCM and I have 1958, 1964 and 1966

gfguns
09-24-2014, 01:09
The Jenkins book chapter 4 has all of the detailed information needed on the Army National Match Pistols