PDA

View Full Version : pix for possible 03-A3 buy

trimmer99
09-27-2014, 08:42
Here are the pictures of the rifle I posted about earlier. According to the current owner, it was wrapped in paper and coated with grease when he purchased it. I don't have a pix of the bore but it is bright and shiney with strong rifling. All parts are stamped with "R". Lots of stamps in the stock as seen in pictures. It's a good looking rifle. The only question is "Is it worth the $850 he's asking?" Thanks for your help. I'll have to post the other 4 on a separate message.

Rick the Librarian
09-27-2014, 09:22
Some of the parts (bolt and trigger guard) are replacements or have been refinished.

Griff Murphey
09-28-2014, 07:32
That brown stuff that is kind of congealed on the gun is old dried up cosmoline. Civilian gunsmiths never apply that. Therefore I think it is an original gun, or if Parts were switched it was during cleaning/ de-cosmolining of several guns at the same time. I therefore think it is original as used by the military if that means anything. I would never disagree with RTL who is an eminent authority, as his knowledge is on a much higher level then mine. Looks real deal to me.

Rick the Librarian
09-28-2014, 08:43
"...eminent authority..." Wow, I'm impressed! Where do I send the check?? :D

Griff Murphey
09-28-2014, 06:45
Well as long as there is money in it I will spring for you as a PRE-eminent expert.

But, John Beard must remain THE Pre-eminent expert.

Rick the Librarian
09-29-2014, 05:24
No disagreement there! :)