PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Identification

keith smart
10-21-2014, 02:47
I posted this barrel in the classifieds thinking it was an early Springfield. After going back to Clawson's I am not sure what it is. The horizontal S is on the left lug. The right lug is blank. Would appreciate input- I won't sell it until I know I have represented it accurately.
Thanks in advance,
Keith.

stan4
10-22-2014, 12:36
I posted this barrel in the classifieds thinking it was an early Springfield. After going back to Clawson's I am not sure what it is. The horizontal S is on the left lug. The right lug is blank. Would appreciate input- I won't sell it until I know I have represented it accurately.
Thanks in advance,
Keith.

Keith,

Pictures 1 through 4 do not show the detail to made a good ID on your barrel.

Post a clear view of the chamber end, showing the end of the hood and a complete view of the back of the lugs.

The barrel is a 1911 cut barrel. (The chamber to barrel transition, the lug to chamber transition, and the metal between the lugs [in the front]).

With the information at hand, it appears to be a refinished early Springfield barrel. (Refinished because the metal finish (not the bluing) on the top of the chamber appears different than most observed early Springfield barrels.?)

Best Regards,