PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes, all you can do is shake your head and walk away.......

Darreld Walton
11-14-2014, 03:46
Ran across two 03's yesterday. Now that the 'general' hunting seasons are winding down, more rifles are showing up on the used gun racks.
First one was a d/t Remington 03. Drilled and tapped for Weaver bases, that looked to have been done off-center, and it's sole saving grace was that it had an unmodified barrel, bolt, and magazine ass'y.
The second was a bit more interesting. To me, anyway. It was a 170K range RIA, with a 7-10 dated RIA barrel. Both barrel and receiver bore well worn original "blue" finish. Bolt hand had been very crudely modified, and the forward receiver ring had four holes drilled and tapped, and the holes overlapped! Must've been the reason that it was outfitted with one of the B-Square mounts that are set up to ride on the cut off spindle, and had a non-descript POS Chinese mfd scope. The magazine ass'y was one I've not encountered for a very long time, bearing the "NRA" and flaming bomb on the front tang. Asking price was $275, and I countered with an offer. The 'boss' will be back today to give me his answer. I figured that it was well worth $125 or so for the parts, and that's what I offered. We'll see.........