Mickey Christian
12-17-2014, 02:33
Posted on buy/sell but no responses.
Any one know a source?
Thanks,
Mickey

dave
12-17-2014, 07:47
What kind of stock? military? sporter? what model rifle? Your question is impossible to answer, as it stands.

Mickey Christian
12-17-2014, 03:05
Sorry about the lack of info.
I have a M-93 I, believe, with cut up wood. I was wondering if I could find a decent walnut stock, hand guard and metal parts to go back to full military.
I believe the rifle to be South American as it has an original 7 mm barrel on it but no crest, just a few small chicken scratches that don't mean anything to me.
Looks like the barrel is uncut, but is of a short rifle nature. I suppose I could even use a Swedish stock if I could find a walnut one.
It won't be anything close to a "collector" piece. Just have thoughts of making it military again.
Thanks,
Mickey

Dad
12-17-2014, 09:49
How about some pictures of the rifle as it is, it might help identify it.
Meanwhile, Liberty Tree Collectors has some M95Chilean walnut stocks and some other parts.
Long rifle:
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3536&idcategory=50
Carbine:
https://www.libertytreecollectors.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=2927&idcategory=50

D.

Mickey Christian
12-18-2014, 03:17
Sorry, am a complete boob posting pics. With the marks I have left, I do not even believe I could take a pic. The only mark I can figure out is a 6 pointed star on the rear sight base. There is a mark in front of the serial number, 5672, that I can not identify, kind of looks like a hexagon "G" would be my guess. I also see the receiver ring has a cross in a ring. The branches of the cross are of equal length and the ends of the legs flare out to a wide end.
That is the best I can do.

Dad
12-18-2014, 09:27
Sounds like a Loewe made m1903 (six pointed star) and a Maltese cross in a circle.
You might want to explore the following web pages/links:

http://masterton.us/Spanmauhome

http://masterton.us/Spanish_Markings

D.

Mickey Christian
12-19-2014, 04:41
Another bit of info or 2 which may be helpful.......the serial # is on the left side rail, there is a rail on the inside of the left receiver rail, the rear sight leaf is marked to "20" (2000 yd?) but there is no ramp to raise the leaf so the sight must be lifted 90 deg. then adjust the notch up the rails (there is a slot in the middle of the leaf), it has a bent bolt. If the barrel has not been messed with it would be a short rifle? It is 22-3/4" long, the front sight has no protective ears, no marks or holes and the band holding the front sight on the barrel is only as long as the sight itself. The front sight is less than 1/8" from the end of the barrel. The stock is walnut. There is a Maltese cross on the tang of the buttplate. There are Maltese crosses on the bottom of the receiver at rear of left receiver rail and on the sear. On the bottom of the barrel is a small circle inside a slightly larger circle, a 3, 7 and a 5. There are also marks I do not know how to describe, but have not seen them on the web sites I have looked on. I have not seen a model exactly like this one.
Maybe this can help ID it?
Thanks,
Mickey

Mickey Christian
12-19-2014, 04:46
P.S. It has the square bolt face at the bottom of the bolt and cocks on closing.
Mickey

Mickey Christian
12-19-2014, 05:02
Another P.S.
Just saw a pic of a Spanish 1893 rear sight....that is what I have. Did they make short rifles or is mine Bubba'ed?
Mickey

randy langford
12-20-2014, 07:28
Yes they made short rifles any small Ring Mauser stock will work. I have used the Swede stocks on them but not sure how the hand guard would work as I was doing a sporter it did not concern me. If you do use the Swede there will be a little gap at the front of the trigger guard between the wood and metal just a variation in dimensions doesn't cause any problems though.

Mickey Christian
12-30-2014, 07:59
Finally settled on a Swede M38 stock and hardware. My M93/96 fits right in. Took a chance and ordered a Spanish '93 handguard and it fits perfectly both the rear sight and rear band and the receiver ring.
Got the goods from Liberty tree Collectors. Thanks for the link. They send a beech stock and talked to them on the phone and they are going to look for a walnut one for me instead. It will not be correct in any sense of the word, just looks better this way than the way I got it.
Thanks again,
Mickey

randy langford
12-31-2014, 01:47
Sounds good post some pictures when you get it put together.

Mickey Christian
12-31-2014, 08:20
I have to confess to being a computer boob. I have received instructions several times on how to post pics, but they are always in a language I don't comprehend. If someone would be willing to receive pics by email I can email them to someone willing to post them.
Regards,
Mickey

randy langford
01-31-2015, 09:58

randy langford
01-31-2015, 10:00

randy langford
01-31-2015, 10:00
Hope this is what you had in mind Mickey

Mickey Christian
02-01-2015, 10:58
Thanks, Works for me. Hope someone else finds some interest in them.
Mickey

GBEAR1
02-02-2015, 03:58

pelago
02-26-2015, 09:03
Posted on buy/sell but no responses.
Any one know a source?
Thanks,
Mickey

Hi, i have run into this also, small ring mausers are not uncommon but finding a sporter stock for them is difficult, boyds will make one for you. I presently am sporting out a Erfurt 1915 Mauser to make a legacy rifle for grandson, i decided to chamber it to 6.5X55 or same as Swedish Mauser, I have been fortunate to shoot a Swede in CMP competitions and do rather well, won high senior six times with a 1915 Swede stock Mauser, accurate and smooth action, I have the boyds stock on it and am deciding how to proceed with the scope mounts, This paricular action lost its collectable status due to two holes drilled and taped for lyman 48 sight, they will not hurt the project at all and also leave and advantage that at a later date who ever winds up with this rifle will have the option of putting a lyman 48 on the side if they so desire
here is my first attempt at doing this, and even though this was not a small ring it also had lyman sight holes drilled in it and it is chambered in 30 06 and holds sub minute at 100