PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Open House Dec 24

Scott Gahimer
12-20-2014, 01:44
Some of you know I have a web site that requires a subscription in order to have full access and view the contents of the Gallery. If not...now you do.

On December 24, from 12- 3pm EST, I will be hosting a Virtual Open House at www.m1911info.com, which will allow visitors to view (not purchase anything) the Gallery free of charge. That's not nearly enough time to see everything, but maybe it will allow you to research a pistol you have by comparing it to like examples I might show. There are currently about 700 guns and more than 30,000 images there, so you might want to plan to take a seat if you visit. :)

You can go on a self-guided tour by clicking on any of Gallery Categories, then clicking one of the Sub-Variation categories within. Once there, you just scroll down by serial number and click on the thumbnail views to go to a Pistol Details page. There you will find a description and photos at the bottom of the page.

The Gallery is ever growing. When the site launched in 2010, there were only about 1400 photos. It has grown quite a bit since our last Open House a couple years ago. The number of Categories has increased, too. I show mostly U.S. Martial handguns, but there are also many commercial Colts and even some foreign manufactured G.I. bringbacks that may interest some. Here is a screenshot of the Gallery currently.
http://i58.tinypic.com/s48l54.jpg

I don't normally have 38 guns for sale at any given time. However, I recently received a collection to sell with many great items dating from the American Civil War through WWII. All of it is U.S. Martial handguns and rifles, along with all the accoutrements. I still have a lot of the collection to add to the Gallery, but just completed adding all the U.S. Trials guns, semi-autos and a few revolvers to the Classifieds.

The Open House is not a sales gimmick, as only subscribers can purchase or order services. This is just a free look at a lot of great guns for the general public. You're not required to register or provide any info to visit. Just kill a little time and enjoy yourself. BTW, all the images are copyrighted, so please just look...don't take and/or use the images elsewhere. Thanks.

Best wishes to all for a merry Christmas and happy New Year!

Bill E
12-20-2014, 02:23
Very nice of you to do so Scott, thank you.

ce28146
12-21-2014, 12:51
As a member - I would like to say that it is well worth the time to go there and visit . As a new collector - I need all the help I can get !! Scott - I would like to say - you really take great pics - and thank you for your services !!

Best regards to all for a safe Holliday season !!

M1Riflenut
12-21-2014, 06:53
Thanks, I just joined anyway! I only have 1 USGI 1911a1 but I'm hoping to learn more and add a few more to my collection, well worth joining for the education! Meanwhile, I have a question I'll post in a new thread.

Chaz
12-22-2014, 04:03
I also subscribe and would love to buy em all except I live in CA. The last thing I want is to purchase a beautiful collector piece for 10K and then have the governor and communist legislature issue an edict for confiscation of all (registered) pistolas.

hitower
12-24-2014, 09:16
Has anyone got on his sight yet. I go to gallery and it keeps asking me for login info??

Scott Gahimer
12-24-2014, 09:24
Sorry, just made another setting adjustment to allow access. I'd already made the adjustment, but it evidently didn't accept it until I made it on a different page. I'll extend the hours to 3:30 PM

hitower
12-24-2014, 10:05
Got on, Thanks Scott. Very nice.

Shooter5
12-24-2014, 10:21
Thank you, sir! Neat site!