PDA

View Full Version : Rock island 03 with SA Bbl.

kb1903
12-22-2014, 07:28
I looked at a Rock island 03, serial # 358,2xx, has an SA 1928 dated barrel. Does this rifle fall into the block of receivers sent to Springfield to be finished, or is it a rebuild with an SA bbl.? Thanks, Ken

John Beard
12-22-2014, 08:35
No, your rifle's receiver does not fall into a block of receivers sent to Springfield for finishing. Your rifle's receiver falls in a block of rifles sent to the Marine Corps.

Hope this helps. Happy Holidays!

J.B.

kb1903
12-23-2014, 07:29
Thank you Mr. Beard. The bolt is serialed to the rifle. Nice rifle, I sold it to my brother 20 years ago, would love to have it back. Merry Christmas to you.

John Beard
12-23-2014, 08:05
Thank you Mr. Beard. The bolt is serialed to the rifle. Nice rifle, I sold it to my brother 20 years ago, would love to have it back. Merry Christmas to you.

I sold the very first M1903 Springfield I acquired for my collection and realized shortly thereafter that I had made a mistake. Fortunately, the friend who bought it approached me a year later and asked if I would like to have it back at the same price. I almost ripped a hole in my pants snatching the money out of my pocket.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

J.B.