PDA

View Full Version : NM 1911-A1 Questions.

bruce
12-26-2014, 12:38
Several months ago one of my church members bought a very nice match prepared M-1 Garand rifle. It came w/ a can of Winchester M-2 ball (non-corrosive). He paid $1,000 for the rifle and ammo.

Just a minute ago this same church member called to tell me about a very nice National Match 1911-A1 that was for sale by the man from whom he bought his rifle. He said the man wanted $1,500 for the pistol and that there would be a good bit of ammunition that would go with the pistol.

I have not ever had any experience w/ NM 1911-A1's. I have a idea of what the ammunition is worth, but I am clueless about the pistol. I would appreciate any suggestions or information that anyone could offer about this pistol. It'll be at least next week before I have to do anything. Thank you very much. Sincerely. bruce.

Johnny P
12-26-2014, 01:26
It will depend on what the pistol turns out to be. If it is a Springfield Armory or Rock Island Arsenal prepared NM pistol it would certainly be a good buy. Since we don't know how much the ammunition is worth it would be hard to give an evaluation.