PDA

View Full Version : Rounds not feeding

bobgar
12-29-2014, 10:05
The problem I am encountering with my 1899 carbine is that all pointed type rounds like spritzer rounds or short length type rounds such as 130 grain bullets tend to jam and not feed into the chamber. By the way the carbine has seen quite a bit of use. Do you think the magazine follower spring might be weak? Has anybody had this problem?

My model 1898 rifle which is in very good shape it feeds all ammunition perfectly regardless of what it is.

Dick Hosmer
12-29-2014, 10:55
If you have some service-profile ammunition, try it in the carbine. If it feeds, there is nothing wrong with your follower spring. Some Krags seem to feed short rounds OK, others not so well. Truth is, the artfully sculpted 'feed chute' of the Krag was designed for one loading only, which usually works to perfection - but they did not care about, or even think of, future sport shooters. You might try a different sideplate, or sideplates. Is yours seated properly? It is a game of very small tolerances between success and failure.

bobgar
12-29-2014, 11:19
I guess my carbine just likes service type ammo it does feed 220 grain or 180 grain round nose perfectly.

psteinmayer
12-30-2014, 02:53
I'm fortunate in that none of my Krags have this feeding issue. They feed spitzers and shorts just fine. As Dick said, it seems to be a hit and miss thing with Krags.