PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my early 1903.

LarsRobert
01-01-2015, 10:48
Greetings everyone,

I have an ol' 1903 Springfield, serial #36983X with a 1909 receiver, 1910 barrel and correct turned down bolt handle. I've shot it with 10 rounds of Greek M2.30-06 ball ammo...no problems. But after reading all the threads and data about the early ones, I'm really spooked about firing it anymore. But on top of everything I've read...I've also read that there has never been a documented receiver failure with 1909 receivers.

So I was thinking of moving it. What would an early model like this be worth? I'd like to post it, but don't want to make a stupid mistake on the "numbers.":icon_scratch:

Any help with the value of this would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you gentlemen.:icon_salut:

Kimbo
LaFayette, GA
USA

Fred
01-01-2015, 11:25
Do you have any photo's of your rifle? A lot depends on your rifle's originality or lack thereof.

Southron
01-01-2015, 12:57
Download some detailed photos of your rifle, so some of the very knowledgeable members here could give you an estimation of what the "fair market Value" of your rifle is.

Also, you can go to the "Gunbroker" website and see what Model 1903's comparable to yours are selling for.

Dave in NGA
01-01-2015, 04:28
Say Kimbo, I live about 30 miles from you and own several 1903's. In 2012 I purchased a 1910 vintage barreled receiver with bolt and trigger guard and paid $500. I was real pleased to get it and have shot it several times. If it had the original stock and stock hardware I would expect it to have sold for over $1000. Condition is everything and if your's has issues such as poor bore condition or mixed parts the value can take a major hit. HTH

rebound
01-01-2015, 04:51
Like anything old and collectable..
The more original, the higher the price.

LarsRobert
01-02-2015, 06:56
Thank you gentlemen.

I'll try and post some pics here in the next few days or so.

Happy New Year to you all, too.

Kimbo
Lafayette, GA
USA

LarsRobert
01-06-2015, 11:46
Hi Gentlemen...

I tried posting pics...but the site just puts up a blank screen when I hit "Manage Attachments."
Hopefully, they'll get that fixed...THEN, I'll post some pics.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

Kimbo:wave:

Kurt
01-06-2015, 05:14
I don't think "manage attachments" is what you want. Do you have the pictures up on a photo hosting site? If so there should be a list of choices of links to hit. Hit the url one and then open this page and Advanced and click on the insert image here and then paste the url into the box that comes up.

Kurt