PDA

View Full Version : Riverbank armory

mitchell6776
01-03-2015, 09:03
Riverbank armory..
Is this a reputable seller? A lot of what is listed for sale on the website looks suspicious, some of it legitimate..

PhillipM
01-03-2015, 11:50
Many say his parts are not legitimate.

warbrds
01-04-2015, 05:12
I have just have a problem, with a lot of his stuff
For items supposedly original, they seem awful shiny and new

I have never dealt with them, and really do not plan to

UUURah
01-04-2015, 07:08
He is so crooked that when he dies he will have to be screwed into the ground.

I only dealt with him once ..... and learned my lesson the hard way.

usmc69
01-04-2015, 07:36
This conversation has been going on for years.

Tuna
01-04-2015, 08:10
If you buy then you shall be parted from your hard earned funds and receive fake or post war parts that are well over priced. He has plenty of type 1 sights fresh from China and I suspect he very well may have stamp sets for metal and for wood stocks that are not legitimate shall we say.
Don't do business with this company.

cplnorton
01-04-2015, 08:46
He also has other names he goes by as well, like the name of his wife on gunbroker.

Basically if you see any carbine parts from California, I would avoid them

I also say, any rare parts you need, contact Riverbank and he can "Make" them for you.

duke133
02-20-2015, 12:40
Slowly step away until you're out of range then turn and run. Had a problem years ago and when George finally told me he would take the rifle back I was still stuck with the "restocking" fee. JMHO.

PhillipM
02-20-2015, 09:43
Isn't ABC Leigh one of his aliases?

StockDoc
02-20-2015, 09:52
as with any seller, it is buyer beware. But in this hobby, it seems more so.

Allen
02-21-2015, 05:53
Isn't ABC Leigh one of his aliases?

Yes. I believe I read in the past that this was named after his wife. He used this site to sell on ebay.

Faulkner
03-08-2015, 04:07
George Liakos has received a lot of grief on the internet and especially from this forum. In times past when he used to post on the old Gun & Knife Forum he didn't always have the best bedside manner. I have corresponded with him via email and even talked to George on the phone a time a two and I have dealt with Riverbank Armory several times and never had a problem.

What I find funny is all the hate for George. I'm not a George defender, but every time I post that my experience with him was okay I usually get called names and have even been accused of being one his many internet aliases. Usually it's from people who have never dealt with him and are simply repeating the internet lore, whether deserved or not.

I don't necessarily recommend doing business with Riverbank Armory. I don't say he has the best prices in town or that he's even a nice guy. I simply state that the several times I dealt with him he was reasonable to do business with and I got the product I sought.