PDA

View Full Version : WTS or Trade..Colt 1911.............

Brad
02-13-2015, 07:46
I am selling a Colt 1911 pistol made in 1918. I might also consider a trade of some type for a TRUE Krag Carbine. Not a cut-off rifle.
This Colt is near complete in correct parts. I think the hammer and / or safety made be of later period. Maybe some other small parts. I just am bot that knowledgable about them.
But all the main parts are correct, probably original, ie: Frame and Slide, Barrel and Grips. Also a two-toned magazine.
The believe the finish is all original and is probably 75 80% or so?? Mostly still blue some plum patina.
I have fired this pistol a few times in the past. Worked and functioned just fine.
I must tell you that the pin in the Link / Barrel is a little loose. I used a punch to try and tighten it with limited success. But I stopped, not wanting to damage anything.
All in all it a pretty decent WWI example. Far better than most I've scene, but certainly not pristine.
I am asking $1,500 and any sale must be done legally.
I would also consider some form of trade for a True and Krag Carbine. Final deal, additional money decided by completeness / correctness / condition, etc.
I will try and attach a photo here, but I dont expect much luck with that. I have allot of trouble doing so. But I will send pics to anyone interested.
Thanks so much to all.

willie8
02-17-2015, 11:54
Sent Email