PDA

View Full Version : M1911 Navy Slide

CPC
03-17-2015, 08:13
I'm looking for a 1911 Navy slide used in the 38K-43.8K range. Based upon Clawson, I do not believe it would have the 1913 patent date and there appears to be early and late spacing of the Navy markings. I am not sure which applies in this case. Unless I missed something it is not clearly stipulated in the book. Could someone post a picture of what I should be looking for? I know it will be difficult to find but a picture speaks a thousand words and I'll at least know what I should be looking for.
Regards,
CC

John HOLBROOK
03-18-2015, 02:28
Here is 42057

http://www.fototime.com/%7B941AABDA-FB84-42FD-A64E-F806F88B685C%7D/origpict/Bush%2520Colt%2520Pair.jpg

CPC
03-20-2015, 03:04
JH,
Thank you very much for posting a picture of your pistol. That is a real beauty. I have noticed you have not been posting much lately so it is real treat when you do. Now I know what to look and ask for. Obviously it will not have to be in your pistols condition.

Regards,
CC

Allen
03-20-2015, 04:19
Good luck on your search. Serial number range (as you've indicated) and finish will need to match your frame and it's hard to find one that hasn't been refinished. I had one a year ago in the earlier range with the circle around the Colt pony. It was complete with the original old style rounded rear sight. A lot of people wanted it but didn't want to pay anything for it. I finally had a well known seller on Auction Arms sell it for me. It only brought $700. I would have thought it would have been worth more. I've seen others sell for that approx. amount in various conditions.

gbethu
03-20-2015, 04:47
JH,
Thank you very much for posting a picture of your pistol. That is a real beauty. I have noticed you have not been posting much lately so it is real treat when you do. Now I know what to look and ask for. Obviously it will not have to be in your pistols condition.

Regards,
CC

i had the priveledge of holding that pistol John posted. WOW ! even the receipt from the USS Minnesota. Nice to see the Chief posting again.