PDA

View Full Version : WTS original US Military antique pistols.......

Brad
03-18-2015, 01:50
Am selling a couple original antique US miltary single shot pistold from before the Civil War era, although both of these type were used in the war.
First is a Model 1836 flintlock marked A.WATERS MILBURY CONN 1838
Second is a Model 1842 Percussion marked H.ASTON & CO. MIddTN CONN 1851

Both are smooth bore 54 cal. They are complete and functional with nothing altered from original config. They have seen hard usage and little care but are all there and look like pistols should look after being used in the civil war and Mexican War.
I believe the model 1836 had been converted to percussion as most were, and since has been returned to the flintlock configuration. Although who ever did it did a good job and there is no trace of the work. I only suspect that because the frizzen shows no flint wear and it does not spark when struck by the flint.
I may harden the frizzen if I get around to it but it really isnt necessary cause I will never fire these old pistols, though they certainly would fire.
I will try and attach a photo here but never seem to have any luck doing so. But if anyone is interested just contact me and I can e-mail you photos.
Asking $700.00 each or $1,300.00 for the pair.
Thanks
Brad Foust 724 235 1140
longhunter@digitalrazor.net

Brad
03-26-2015, 08:03

Thought I would try and attach a photo and I think it worked!! Amazing!!
If ya want more pics I will send to yer e0-mail address
Thanks so much

Rob W.
03-26-2015, 10:14
I had almost an identical pair except my flintlock was made by Johnson about 1841. I shot both of mine with some Pyrodex - a lot of fun.

Brad
04-02-2015, 02:12
I am sure these would fire just fine.
Of course I need to harden the flintlock's frizzen.
When I bought these I was looking for a pistol made by Springfield, as I try and accumulate Springfield stuff.
The model 1842 was a Sp design but not actually manufactured by SP.
I thought I had gotten a reasonable deal on these but maybe not. Know one seems to be very interested?
Oh well, I might just have to keep em' ?
Thanks