PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Remove The '03 Rear Sight Slide From The Leaf?

Southron
03-19-2015, 10:32
The original slide is damaged and I have a replacement. I assume that one simply uses a small screwdriver to take the small screw out of the slide. Then, what next?

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR REPLIES!

Kragrifle
03-20-2015, 05:06
It involves placing the slide on a piece of wood and carefully driving out the pin enough to remove the small cover. Replace the knob or entire unit, then drive the pin back in. The wood helps because you can drive the pin into the soft wood without damaging it.

Fred
03-20-2015, 07:05
Others might disagree, but I've found that driving the pin upward from the bottom side works best for me. I always try to remember what end of the pin was originally up.
I use a section of broken needle held in the jaws of needle nose pliers as a drift pin because its sturdy and small enough to work. Don't loose that pin after driving it out!

Emri
03-24-2015, 06:55
Others might disagree, but I've found that driving the pin upward from the bottom side works best for me. I always try to remember what end of the pin was originally up.

I do it that way too. If the end of the pin is nicely colored you don't want to mar it when driving out. Likewise, I reinstall it from the back side for the same reason.