PDA

View Full Version : Looking For A Carbine Barrel and Installation

alden
03-30-2015, 05:51
Looking for a M1 Carbine barrel, aftermarket or USGI,for a Carbine I'm putting together for a shooter for my son on an Inland receiver.Also looking for someone to install and headspace it also.Not looking to spend a fortune on a shooter.Any help would be great.

Thanks

Motorcop
03-31-2015, 01:32
It would help a little bit if we knew where you lived?

Rick H.

alden
04-01-2015, 02:28
I'm in the Buffalo NY area.I have the wrenches for the barrel/receiver so I might just do it myself if I find a used barrel, but if I buy a new one I won't be able to ream it.

Thanks

us019255
04-01-2015, 06:53
I'm in the Buffalo NY area.I have the wrenches for the barrel/receiver so I might just do it myself if I find a used barrel, but if I buy a new one I won't be able to ream it.

Thanks

I rebareled one a few years ago. It required both lathe work to index and a chamber reamer. I found a local gunsmith who cut the shoulder for an 11 o'clock hand tight index. After I installed it, I purchased a pull through chamber reamer and gauges.

I still have them and have rented them out a few times. If you go this route, we can set up a rental etc. Save my email: ed (at) sisuwest.us in case you need it.