PDA

View Full Version : krag remount

RHancock
05-06-2015, 09:37
I recently purchased a krag that had been sporterized, well it isn't on an original krag stock anyway. The re mount is really bad and I am thinking of doing something else with it like re mount, not necessarily putting it back to original, but something better then what it is now. I have very little knowledge of what its really worth and how much to put into it. I haven't shot it yet and plan on pulling the trigger on the gun before pulling the trigger on the money to make sure it functions properly. It has the 102 Redfield sight that appears to be missing the aperture that you would look through. I think that's what its called. Everything else seems to be in pretty good shape overall. Any suggestions on re mount supplies or parts for that old Redfield site?

butlersrangers
05-06-2015, 10:21

RHancock:

The Redfield #102-K will accept most Redfield, Lyman, and Williams apertures. If you post pictures of your Krag, Forum members will advise what is original and what is altered. Original Krag stocks and hand-guards are expensive. Serviceable stocks are often listed on ebay.

madsenshooter
05-07-2015, 04:51
Best aperture for you would be the Merit adjustable aperture.

butlersrangers
05-07-2015, 09:49
'RHancock': BTW - If your use is 'hunting in brush and woods', no aperture (ghost ring) is always a good option.