PDA

View Full Version : Super service from Fred's M14 stocks

Ernie
06-09-2015, 11:55
Hi

I just wanted to give a nod of the cap to Fred's. Last Thursday mid afternoon I ordered a As New Fiberglass M14 USGI stock. Thought I would see if it would help my groups from my Rock Ola. I think I ordered it on line about 3pm. By 6pm that night I got an email that it was shipping. By the following morning I had an email from UPS that it was in their system and would be delivered on Monday. On Monday about 10:30am UPS delivered the stock.

The stock is absolutely in perfect condition, just as advertised. They also thru in a as new matching handguard, also perfect, for free. I am very happy with what I got and the service.

I know in the past there was a lot of negative comments about Fred's and how long they took to ship etc. I have had I think 3 times that I ordered over the last half dozen years from Fred's and fortunately never had a problem. This time service was just amazing, as is the product.

So just thought I would give a shout out for Fred's.

Don't shoot the messenger, this is just how my deal went!

Dan Shapiro
06-09-2015, 02:37
You were lucky!

gulliver62
06-09-2015, 03:03
Glad you god a good one. I have been trying to get a stock for almost a year. Have spoken directly with them 3 times. Want something he has but isn't on the site and I can't seem to reach the point where he takes my $$$$. Maybe that is good.

Allen
06-09-2015, 03:09
You were lucky!

And one of the few. Years ago I placed an order for a dozen complete stock hardware sets. All thru Fred's catalog it stated "Be patient, don't contact us, we are busy" and so forth. About 3 months later they listed in their catalog that the parts sets had sold out so I contacted them. They said "huh? place the order again", of course the excuse then was that they had sold out. I for one can do w/o his super service.

nf1e
06-10-2015, 06:49
No problems with any of my orders over the years. I usually get stuff 3 or 4 times a year. Last order for a couple of M14 as new USGI fiberglass stocks and a dozen black handguards came in about 3 weeks ago in great shape. Not particularly inexpensive, but more than worth it for my projects.

Sunray
06-10-2015, 10:47
"...we are busy..." Don't think there is a 'we'. Think it's an 'I'. Don't know for sure. Supposedly cutting back to retirement too.