PDA

View Full Version : Help with value on Remington Rand/Colt "shooter" please

SloopJohnB
07-28-2015, 11:01
Help with value on Remington Rand/Colt "shooter" please

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can one of you experienced 1911 folks please give me a ballpark estimate as to the value of a "shooter" 1911A1. It has a Rem Rand 1943 receiver and a Colt slide. Don't know yet on the internals, but the gun apparently has been blued at some point.
Obviousl no collector value, but I'm curious as to value for a shooter such as this.
Thanks for any help.
John

Johnny P
07-28-2015, 01:38
This is where value and price diverge. For around $500 you can get a new production 1911 style pistol, made from modern steels and with a warranty for about $500. That is a good value for a shooter. A Bubba refinished, mis-matched WWII era pistol will probably cost around $800/1000, but there is no way that value is there.

Actual value as a shooter, about $350. Actual price, about $550 additional.

SloopJohnB
07-29-2015, 01:50
Thanks for your comments, Johnny, that's about what I would have suspected I terms of value. The one I was looking at would probably make a good shooter, but the gent wanted $600, more than I was interested in paying. As you noted, one can find a very nice shooter for around $500. That's what I did, A Rock Island Armory with fiber optics sights and a trigger job works just fine with my 77 tear old eyes!