PDA

View Full Version : I don't care what the NRA says,

Dan Shapiro
08-03-2015, 06:51
my eyes tell me that they're making the targets SMALLER with each passing year! :eusa_wall:

p246
08-03-2015, 07:15
My eyes are 46 and the targets look awful small without magñification

da gimp
08-03-2015, 10:02
have known this for years dan.... grins

nf1e
08-04-2015, 02:50
Yep, and they are using that dang fuzzy ink too.

SMOKEY
08-04-2015, 03:01
Targets yes but don't forget those danged iron sights

Major Tom
08-04-2015, 07:18
A friend of mine showed me how to make a devise to put on your eyeglasses/safety glasses and evem made a rough sketch, but darned if I can remember it and probably have to use a looking glass to read the sketch. 8-(

StockDoc
08-04-2015, 08:46
Optometrist can help, tell them what you are doing and what your intent is and he can make some prescription safety glasses. Also, it helps if the Optometrist is also a shooter. you don't have to explain as much.

kidsgun
08-04-2015, 09:47
Just had cataract surgery and now I have a set of 18 year old eyes on a 70 year old body.

Allen
08-04-2015, 10:59
Just had cataract surgery and now I have a set of 18 year old eyes on a 70 year old body.

So, somewhere there is an 18 year old wondering around with no eyes?

Griff Murphey
08-04-2015, 11:02
I'm not an eye surgeon but my impression is that when they do the lens implants the left eye is usually set for close vision and the right is for distance. Having a crystal clear sight picture is kind of in the luck of the draw, because as we know we want to see the front sight clearly. What we really miss even with glasses is ACCOMODATION which enables the eyes to focus so that you can see the target numbers and bull and then change focus to see the front sight as you start your trigger squeeze. That is what we miss, and I don't think the artificial lenses allow 18 year old focus in send out with distance changes. Eye surgery results, although generally very good, are kind of luck of the draw to an extent for the iron sight shooter who hopes for an improved sight picture above all.

I certainly do know shooters who echo those words about having recovered age 18 vision. Others still need some corrective vision by glasses.

StockDoc
08-04-2015, 01:09
I'm not an eye surgeon but my impression is that when they do the lens implants the left eye is usually set for close vision and the right is for distance. Having a crystal clear sight picture is kind of in the luck of the draw, because as we know we want to see the front sight clearly. What we really miss even with glasses is ACCOMODATION which enables the eyes to focus so that you can see the target numbers and bull and then change focus to see the front sight as you start your trigger squeeze. That is what we miss, and I don't think the artificial lenses allow 18 year old focus in send out with distance changes. Eye surgery results, although generally very good, are kind of luck of the draw to an extent for the iron sight shooter who hopes for an improved sight picture above all.

I certainly do know shooters who echo those words about having recovered age 18 vision. Others still need some corrective vision by glasses.

That depends, A lot more different types of lenses now, even and implant with bifocals. I had 20/400 vision most of my life and coke bottle thick glasses, now 20/ 20 both eyes. Yes, the rt is is near and the left is distance. But I can read fine with either. They touched up the eyes with lasik after a short healing time