PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket 10 rounders?

GaryO
09-19-2015, 09:30
I need a couple of spare 10 round magazines for my used Federal Ordinance 30 cal. carbine. Do you folks have an opinion about where to look? name? Thanks...

gwp
09-19-2015, 03:28
Several places like Fulton have Promag aftermarket 10 round magazines but I have had mixed results with Promag magazines.

I would suggest Keepshooting.com. I have used several types of their military style magazines and they worked well for me.

http://www.keepshooting.com/m1-carbine-10-round-magazine.html

Tuna
09-19-2015, 07:50
It's sad to say but commercial magazines made here in general are very poor quality. If your trapped in a ten round state there isn't a big selection to chose from. Maybe try a couple from each maker and see if they work better then others. Good luck to you.

kcw
09-20-2015, 05:08
Several places like Fulton have Promag aftermarket 10 round magazines but I have had mixed results with Promag magazines.

I would suggest Keepshooting.com. I have used several types of their military style magazines and they worked well for me.

http://www.keepshooting.com/m1-carbine-10-round-magazine.html

I bought a few from Keepshooting last year. They have worked flawlessly in my GI carbine and also my two commercial units.

Chris W.
09-21-2015, 12:06
If you have owned that carbine before 198-, and have had 15 round or bigger mags with it before that date, your mags are grandfathered and can be used and owned in CA. Hitch is you had to have owned the carbine and the mags before the assault weapon ban went into effect. Iligal to buy, trade, or import to the state if the carbine is recently acquired, you are stuck with the 10 rounder's. While living in CA up to 2006, I would often shoot 30 round carbine mags at the range. Burden of proof is with the DOJ, not the person who owns the mag. Thinking you would definitely have a hard time in court proving you possessed these mags and had just purchased the carbine. Just my opinion,
Chris

joem
09-26-2015, 07:38
I guess you could make them 10 rounders with some JB weld and a block in the bottom of the mag.

C5M1
09-26-2015, 07:45
if you have an abundance of 15 rd mags just cut one down making sure to leave tabs to secure floor plate. I wanted one for my 6.8 spc, had an abundance of 25 rounders for dirt cheap so cut one down to 10 rds. takes a few minutes with dremel tool but it looks, works fine.

regards and hth; dennis

PhillipM
09-26-2015, 01:11
I guess you could make them 10 rounders with some JB weld and a block in the bottom of the mag.

He can't import 15 rounders into Kalifornia to modify them.

oldbrk42
09-29-2015, 03:35
I just looked on e bay. Many listing from GI to after market.