PDA

View Full Version : I need to sell some of my collection Need advice on a rough value.

JBMauser
10-10-2015, 09:00
I have a project Krag that went nowhere. I bought a krag that someone took a hack saw to the barrel and cut it off just legal length. Needless to say it is useless. I planned on buying a Barrel from DCM or whatever they call themselves now. Never did and I want to put it up for sale somewhere as a action with bolt. someone else may have the $ and energy to bring this one back. What is a fair asking price? Should I have the trashed barrel removed?

?

Duane Hansen
10-10-2015, 09:12
Need pictures.....what about condition of the parts? Is the wood OK or fire wood? Have to many questions to give much an answer yet.

Dick Hosmer
10-11-2015, 01:26
My very best advice would be to check out www.gunbroker.com.

They presently have 11 pages of Krag-related stuff, from parts to barreled actions to complete guns. You should be able to find comparable items.

Pay attention to the asking prices, but be sure to also check and see which items are getting bids - THOSE will sell, the others are probably too high.

lyman
10-13-2015, 07:33
My very best advice would be to check out www.gunbroker.com.

They presently have 11 pages of Krag-related stuff, from parts to barreled actions to complete guns. You should be able to find comparable items.

Pay attention to the asking prices, but be sure to also check and see which items are getting bids - THOSE will sell, the others are probably too high.

if you have an account with them, click the advanced button next to the search bar,
the click the completed auctions tab and input your search parameters,

will show ended auctions, and what they may have sold for

coastie
11-05-2015, 05:41
need pictures and full description of rifle remains.
Sporter stock?
Mounting holes for scope on receiver?
Sights are what flavor?
And you did check the butt trap for.....stuff?
Need more info.
[give ya $50.00, ]
{joke}

jon_norstog
11-08-2015, 06:20
JB, I think a decent, complete Krag action is worth $100 any day. Maybe $150 to the right person.

Good luck

jn