PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Big Larry's Unertl sniper list they want to share?

cplnorton
12-11-2015, 07:50
Hey after seeing Georg's post, does anyone have Big Larry's (Larry Reynolds) Unertl sniper serial list from back in the day?

He doesn't have it anymore, since he got out of US milsurps. But I'm curious if anyone has a copy they would be willing to share it with me. It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

Steve

Marine A5 Sniper Rifle
12-13-2015, 06:57
I miss Big Larry's posts.

Are you looking for the rifle serial numbers or the scope serial numbers or both. From memory, I don't remember Big Larry publishing his list. Hopefully he shared it with someone. He would remember.

jt

John Beard
12-13-2015, 07:14
Seasons' Greetings!

I don't have it. I recall that he did share it with someone, but I don't remember who.

Merry Christmas!

J.B.

cplnorton
12-14-2015, 07:39
I think if you had a rifle back in the day and he added the serial to the list, he would email you a full copy. That is what I'm sort of gathering from researching it. I know he said he doesn't have any of his research anymore, since he got out of it.

He was nice enough to help me with my rifle when I found it last year, but I hate to bug him to much. The last time I wrote him, he mentioned some personal issues, so I just don't want to bug him.

But yeah I'm with you Jim, I miss seeing him around. He's a great guy, and I love talking to the old Marines.

And thank you by the way John. Merry Christmas to you too sir!

dave
12-14-2015, 08:34
Big Larry hangs out at Rimfire Central, the Winchester forum. He's big into them now and must have them all by now! He posts there most every day, I'm sure he would not mind someone contacting him there.

SPEEDGUNNER
12-14-2015, 02:51
In the days of the old CSP Big Larry was a GOD! I have fond memories of many spirited and insightful conversations both on and offline. His knowledge level was nonpareil. I do miss him as well.

dave
12-15-2015, 05:29
I once had an on-line disagreement with him. He said the Marines had the scant stocks back in the 30's, I still think they are a WW11 stock only. And every '03 he had was brand new, never fired/issued. But he sure seems to know his Win. , at least the .22's which he posts about, does mention other models he has, so he must collect more thne .22's.