PDA

View Full Version : Drilled Remington 03A3 Fair Price?

robh5
02-03-2016, 07:33
I was offered a Remington 03A3 for $300. It's full military but, it's been drilled and tapped on the receiver ring for a scope. Was an old timers deer rifle. The rifle is in like new as issued condition. No scope or rings.

First the bad. Receiver has been drilled, bolt handle has been turned down, S stock has a good size notch cut in for the bolt handle. All minimal value in my opinion.

The good. Great set of stock hardware, top hand guard, excellent barrel, trigger guard.

They said they may still have the rear sight.
Is it a fair price as a parts gun?

bruce
02-04-2016, 03:31
I'd buy it. Put a scope on it. Use it as a 03-A4 replica. If you wanted to change out the stock, a scant or a CMP C stock would work very well. JMHO. Sincerely. bruce.

Major Tom
02-04-2016, 03:54
Buy it! Like Bruce said, put a scope on it or buy another bolt and butt stock.

louis
02-04-2016, 03:56
Oh yes buy it. Like everyone says make it into a replica A4 or replace the bolt and stock. For $300 definitely a good buy.

Jeff L
02-04-2016, 12:47
Check to see if there are burn marks or pitting around the mag cut off, this would indicate it was a drill rifle.

robh5
02-04-2016, 04:44
Check to see if there are burn marks or pitting around the mag cut off, this would indicate it was a drill rifle.
No, it's not a drill rifle. The father got it from the DCM back in the 60's.
If they hadn't put a scope on it I would have called it close to mint condition, it's that nice.

Thanks to all for the advice. I will buy it.