PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Charge Master LCD display trouble ???

Weez556
02-07-2016, 06:59
Anybody have a RCBS Charge Master and have trouble with the LCD display ??? On mine I have one of the left side lines of one of the block 8 digits has stopped working. Kind of hard to use really have to pay attention.
Called RCBS its over a year old out of warranty. Told me to pull the units apart and reconnect them. No change . I asked if they repaired them ? No. Just to buy a new scale for it is $120.00+ . May look for a fix or repair. If I end up buying a new one will try the Hornady unit $170.00.

Thanks

joem
02-08-2016, 08:19
Buy a three pose mechanical scale. Nothing to go wrong unless you drop them.

leftyo
02-08-2016, 10:41
nobody, NOBODY warranties electronics for lie.

Matt Anthony
02-11-2016, 05:47
There are many companies that offer limited lifetime warranties on electronics. You can google it and find out for yourself. Most companies limit the warranty to the original purchaser. Limited means a one time replace or repair. More and more companies are doing it to boost sales and to keep past consumers. I use a company called myairbags for auto electronics. They provide a lifetime warranty on any repair they do.
Matt

PhillipM
02-11-2016, 03:49
I don't have electric reloading accessories save a battery drill for trimming brass.

A good measure and a trickle are faster than a charge master once practiced

Major Tom
02-12-2016, 03:33
Years ago I owned an electronic scale made by Lyman. It was a P.O.S.
I now use a RCBS mechanical arm scale. Very inexpensive and positive readings.

psteinmayer
02-12-2016, 04:01
I use a digital scale that was inexpensive (under $50). If something goes wrong, I'll just get another... but nothing has gone wrong yet. I used to use the LEE dippers until I started weighing the charges and found that they can vary as much as 2 grains or more from dip to dip. Now, I weigh each and every load, and recalibrate often too! I also have a powder trickle, but I can do just as good tapping my measure spoon lightly with my finger.