PDA

View Full Version : WTS: NIW NOS US GI M1 Carbine Winchester barrels marked WP $ 400,-

Folke
02-25-2016, 09:19
I finally had the chance to study these barrels in Peace and quiet at the Show of Shows and I am now certain that all of the barrels in the crate are WP in an oval Winchester manufactured barrels from the last batch made by that factory, ending in August 1945.

The crate is also marked Winchester (WINxxxx - overpainted) and as we opened three random barrels of the ten and found them to all be the same, I am sure that this also goes for the rest of the barrels in the crate.

I am posting pics of the barrels in wrap and unwrapped, the actual markings, a drawing of the marking in question and also pics of the crate so you can see what I am talking about.

We can sell you either a partially unwrapped barrel showing the WP marking or a barrel With untouched wrapping - Your Choice.

The barrels are in stock in Mississippi and ready to ship, please contact me via e-mail folkem@online.no for further information on how to send payment. The price is $ 400,- each, including shipping.

Folke
02-25-2016, 09:21
34458344593446034461I was not able to post all the pics in the first post, so here comes the rest

Tuna
02-26-2016, 09:35
Very nice post war replacement barrels made by Winchester. Should be excellent replacement barrels for carbines with shot out barrels as they are USGI barrels.

gwp
02-26-2016, 11:28
The barrels are in stock in Mississippi and ready to ship, please contact me via e-mail folkem@online.no for further information on how to send payment. The price is $ 400,- each, including shipping.

Your email address (folkerm@online.no) points to Norway. Please provide a United States point of contact. thanks

Folke
02-26-2016, 11:23
Your email address (folkerm@online.no) points to Norway. Please provide a United States point of contact. thanks
I live in Norway, the barrels are in the US. If you google my name Folke Myrvang you will see that I have written two books for Collector Grade Publications. You will send payment to a friend of mine in Mississippi and the barrels will be shipped by him asap upon receipt of payment. Hopefully this is ok for you.

Mike in NC
02-27-2016, 03:36
I don't need a barrel, but I did see these barrels at the SOS show in Louisville last weekend. I saw one that a dealer bought and it was what was described in this thread. The guys at the table were from Norway, I saw them there and talked to them. That crate and those barrels were in Louisville, KY last weekend.

Folke
02-28-2016, 12:19
Very nice post war replacement barrels made by Winchester. Should be excellent replacement barrels for carbines with shot out barrels as they are USGI barrels. I see that you keep posting that these are POST WAR Barrels. Exactly what do you mean by that and do you have any documentation for this? I have looked through all threee War Baby Volumes and there is nothing in there that indicates Production by Winchester after August 1945.