PDA

View Full Version : Possible National Match Garand

coalgeo
03-05-2016, 06:07
A friend is looking at what is purported to be a Type II national match Garand, serial number 3121880. There are no papers with it. It has all the expected modifications for a 1963 gun which include the front and rear sights, op rod, HM marked barrel and bedded stock. The last digits of the rifle are on the inside of the trigger housing, but I could not get the action out of the stock to check to see if it was serialized inside. It was in a very nice DAS stock. Would someone mind checking the serial against the SRS list? Thanks for any help.

SPEEDGUNNER
03-05-2016, 07:28
If you call the CMP they may be able to research the old DCM records for you to see if there is any information regarding this rifle. If they have anything they will tell you, then you can send payment for them to send you a letter so you have something official. They are very helpful.

coalgeo
03-05-2016, 09:28
What is the SRS list - this is my friend's term. I assume, based on a posting just recently, that some of the NM Garands are on this list. Is it available anywhere on-line?
Thanks
Greg

03-05-2016, 10:24
Springfield research service, not avail. online.

twh
03-05-2016, 06:39
It is not listed.

coalgeo
03-05-2016, 08:05
twh -

Thank you
Greg

03-20-2016, 08:41
Follow the advice of "SPEEDGUNNER" CMP has a lot of the DCM sales records that were obtained from Rock Island Arsenal. They do not have ALL the records and some may be incorrect, but it is your best bet. The SRS records would not have the records of NM rifles sold via mail by the DCM. What they have on the M1 NM rifles are mostly those NM rifles that were loaned to gun clubs and some of those sent to AMU's. And then only those found during research. Good luck.