PDA

View Full Version : M1908 Warner Swasey Scope #325 Help:

hemi-man
03-06-2016, 09:17
I am new to the forum..but hoping someone can help with valuation of my M1908 W&Swasey scope. It is complete with original rubber eye piece and also has the piece that slides out to mount on rifle. Inside the mount is stamped 'For Rifle #325". I have heard that this scope was originaly intended for Benet-Mercie Machine Rifle but could have been used on M1903 Springfield sniper rifle. My main interest is Japanese sniper scopes....I have tried for over 6 months to find just one M1908 that has sold...so I could try to find valuation...and then sell or trade. Has anyone seen on the internet another M1908 scope for sale recently? appreciate hearing from forum membership...email: waynee@dcsi.net

Promo
03-06-2016, 11:55
Hey Wayne, I'd be interested in this scope. I have no 1908 for such a low rifle number. We were in contact once on the milsurps.com boards regarding these sights. Let me know what you were planning to ask for it.

hemi-man
03-06-2016, 01:51
I have seen some of the more common M1913 scopes being offered...but have not been able to find any M1908 scopes ...and have been looking for over a year.. If you want to contact me via email, I can send photos. Thanks for your interest,,Wayne

John Beard
03-07-2016, 07:01
According to data I have, your scope is indeed for a Benet-Mercie Machine Rifle.

Hope this helps.

J.B.

hemi-man
03-08-2016, 07:19
Here are a few photos of my M1908 scope. I collect Japanese scopes so this really doesn't fit in collection. Again, feel free to email me as extra photos are available if of interest..Best Wayne (waynee@dcsi.net)

According to data I have, your scope is indeed for a Benet-Mercie Machine Rifle.

Hope this helps.

J.B.